Before the World Wide Web came into our lives, we had to carry paper money to pay for goods and services. However, PayPal and the payment processors that followed it have significantly changed the way we shop. Today’s world is going digital, including the financial sector, and this makes transactions faster, easier and more efficient. Below we explain how payment services work and which ones are most popular in India.
Features of Payment Services
A payment processor is a special software that provides a secure channel for data exchange between buyer and seller. Any payment service such as PayPal or Neteller collects information about the parties to the financial relationship, ensuring that the required amount of money is available and that the merchant receives it. It essentially works as an intermediary between buyers and sellers to automate and simplify the processing and acceptance of bank card payments.
While many people still pay directly with credit and debit cards, payment processors act as a more convenient and affordable alternative. From online shops to gambling websites like Slot V casino online, there are many online platforms accepting e-wallet payments. The addition of payment options like Skrill or MuchBetter provides users with payment choices and gives flexibility for businesses to grow.
Top 5 Payment Services Popular in India
Whether you are an e-commerce business owner or just an internet user looking to make an online purchase, a reliable payment processor will make your life much easier. Below is a list of a few payment services that are in demand in India:
- PayPal. Introduced to the world back in 1998, the service has been hugely important in the development of e-commerce. The key advantages of PayPal are low fees, many supported payment options, excellent integration capabilities and ease of use. However, some PayPal users experience account freezing problems from time to time.
- Razorpay. Handling debit/credit card payments and offering several advanced mobile wallets, Razorpay is the most trusted payment service in India. The only downside to Razorpay is the somewhat confusing user interface, so you need to spend a bit of time figuring out how to use it.
- Instamojo. The highlight of this option is that there is no commission on NEFT/RTGS and bank transfers. However, the list of supported currencies is not as wide as the options described above.
- Neteller. A proven payment processor for gamers and gamblers, Neteller is widely used by iGaming platforms. It is user-friendly and charges low transaction fees. Neteller’s closest competitor is Skrill, which is also convenient for paying for online entertainment.
- CCAvenue. It is a multi-currency processor widely used by e-commerce businesses in India. Its advanced functionality makes it ideal for online shopping. However, at times of heavy load, CCAvenue’s performance can drop noticeably.
So, payment services are special software solutions that make online payments easier and more convenient. With a payment processor e-wallet, you don’t have to enter the 16-digit debit card code and enter other information every time you make payment. For businesses, payment processors provide streamlined processing at the lowest possible cost thereby helping to increase their profit margins.