Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India. He was a revolutionary by birth and a soft-spoken person who have extreme affection toward the youth and children. Jawaharlal Nehru history dictates that he joined the Indian freedom movement at a very young age and he followed the path led by Mahatma Gandhi to bring the nation to its independence. Due to his affection for children, his birthday is celebrated as children’s day in our nation. His high values are emphasised even today.
Here are some lessons we can learn from Jawaharlal Nehru history that we can apply even today for a better life:
- Stand strong on your beliefs: Jawaharlal Nehru strongly believes in the path of non violence to gain the freedom of the nation. There were time when some other leaders took a more violent and abrupt approach to fight against the British but Nehru remains dedicated on Mahatma Gandhi’s principles. As the result, the nation won its independence in 1947 from British regime without any aggressive act.
- Maintain Peace: Jawaharlal Nehru once quoted, “without peace, all other dreams vanish and are reduced to ashes”. After the separation of India and Pakistan in 1947, a lot of violent activities break down in both nations. Communal riots between Hindu and Muslim become an eminent threat. Jawaharlal Nehru addressed the nation to maintain its peace and took necessary measure to prevent such acts.
- Origin of Failure: Another important lesson that can be learned from Jawaharlal Nehru history is that the chance of failure significantly arises when a person forgets his/her ideals, principles and objectives. The long fight for the independence of India gave birth to many freedom fighters but a lot of them deviated from their goal and took vigorous approach which resulted in vain.
- Success comes with inner strength: Jawaharlal Nehru believes that success can only be achieved if one is not afraid of the consequences and willing to act boldly in even negative circumstance. 1947 partition tore the nation apart and riots were taking place in entire nation. Newly elected Prime Minister controls the situation very well without panicking and took bold measures to contain the riots.
- The impact of religion: Jawaharlal Nehru has great respect for all the religions and people as well. He addressed the nation about the impact of religion at several instances. According to him, a lot of great deeds took place in our country due to religion. But, this religion is also responsible for merciless killing of thousands of people and every possible crime has been committed in the light of religion.
- Living happy life: Jawaharlal Nehru history unfolds his simple approach toward living a happy life. He strongly believes that the quality time of one’s life is not measured by the number of days or years passed but the true measure of happiness lies in the actions, feeling and achievements of a person in his lifecycle.
- Act planned: According to Jawaharlal Nehru, in order to make your actions effective, you must direct it toward clearly conceived ends. In this way, you won’t deviate from your objective and the chances of your success increases.
It has been over 54 years after the death of Jawaharlal Nehru but his teachings and lessons are followed even today as a success mantra in corporate and personal life.
Read More about 7 Financial frauds in India under BJP government