Shapewear is a type of undergarment worn by women for years to tuck their stomachs in and highlight their curves. If you are planning to buy a tummy tucker, there are a few things to consider.
If you think shapewear is worn only by women who want to hide their belly fat, you need to consider your use once again. However, you can buy shapewear even if you are slim and want to highlight your curves. So, let us consider these points before you get your hands on a tummy tucker.
- Don’t buy a small size on purpose: Don’t buy small size shapewear on purpose just because you have the basic idea of hiding your belly fat. The tight the shapewear, the more it will elaborate on your bulges. Also, don’t forget how uncomfortable you will feel sitting, walking and even eating in the tight shapewear. Buy the size that will fit you just right.
- Go for the right fabric: Irrespective of the weather, you need to choose the right fabric if you’re considering wearing shapewear throughout the year. Usually, shapewear is made from synthetic fabrics such as nylon and spandex. While these materials are great for winters and monsoon, when you’d want to wear something that clings to your body and provides warmth, you can’t wear them during the summers. On days when it’s scorching hot outside, you can consider buying a cotton-based tummy tucker. Also, avoid wearing black shapewear because it will make you feel more hot.
- Try it yourself before buying: Just because a particular shapewear looks excellent doesn’t mean it will fit you right. Try the shapewear yourself to see how it fits your body and how well it is highlighting the right aspects of your body, as per your desire. Buying shapewear online will have its limitations, so visiting a shop and buying it in person is ideal. This way, you will get a chance to explore all the brands because not every brand’s size will fit you the same. You can even choose the right colour according to your outfits.
- Determine your shaping needs: Everyone has a different body type, and hence everyone’s shaping requirement will differ. For example, if you have a pear-shaped body, you would want to focus on buying a tummy tucker that will highlight your upper body. So, try on the different kinds of shapewear and see how they accentuate your body before locking in the right one.
- Choose the right colour: Tummy tuckers are available in basic colours such as black, white and nude. It is ideal to have at least one black shapewear because it will blend well with almost all your outfits. But if you wear see-through fabrics such as chiffon, crochet or net, you should stick to the nude-coloured shapewear or the one which almost matches your skin colour.
Consider these little things before you get yourself a tummy tucker and highlight your Goddess-like body.