If you are looking to race your motorcycle it only makes sense that you want the best head protection you can find. This is one area where not worrying about cost for your gear is sensible. The Bell Star Pro Helmet line is a premium racing helmet that comes with impressive features of comfort and safety for the rider. It meets or exceeds DOT helmet certifications as well as the more demanding Snell certifications. The many features of this helmet make it a choice worth considering if you are looking for helmet that employs new technologies and engineering innovations.
The Safety Features of the Pro Star
For a helmet to be worth wearing, it should enhance your safety in several ways, Not only should it protect your head in the case of a crash, but it should also help you avoid a crash in the first place. Toward that end, here are the main safety features of the Pro Star:
- The shell is made of TeXtreme carbon-fiber weave, which claims to be stronger than conventional carbon fiber
- The liner materials come in three different densities to help manage low-to-high-impact events
- The eyeport, known as the Panovision Viewport, is widened to create better lateral and vertical field of vision
- Aerodynamic design allows for less buffeting at high speeds
- Other advances allow for a safer ride when in the tuck position or when scanning behind you
As perhaps the most central motorcycle riding gear you will buy, a racing helmet is worth researching closely. All of these safety features included in the Bell Pro Star Helmet add up to a more secure ride. Better vision, less movement of the helmet and superior features engineered to absorb impact are part of the overall package.
The Comfort Highlights
For a helmet to be worth its weight—about 3.5 pounds in this case—it should be comfortable to wear, too. The comfort features of the Pro Star include the following innovations:
- It is 20% lighter than similar helmets
- It comes in five shell sizes for efficient fitting
- It incorporates numerous adjustable intake and exhaust ports to allow for better ventilation
- It has a fabric comfort liner and cheek pads that claim to lower skin temperatures by 10 degrees
- The Pro Star employs cheek pads that lock into place through high-power magnets
A lighter helmet that fits snugly and rides cooler can be a beautiful thing. To get the best fit, you could head into a local store to try on a few helmets.
The Rest of the Gear
Once you have the right helmet for your bike you can then concentrate on other riding gear. Quality riding gloves give you a stronger grip on the throttle as you reach maximum speed. A leather riding jacket sheds the wind and road debris that may assault you on your ride. Footwear keeps your toes on the footpegs and prevents burns from the hot elements of your machine.
For the best deals and a great selection buy your gear online. It’s the smartest way to make your money go a long way.