A strategist is a person who has the ability to recognize the need for change or circumstances before which he or she can generate a successful response. He must have the ability to understand that the circumstances added to his answers produce success in any situation that arises. That is, it must handle the formula C + R = E, where C is the circumstances or the unpredictable element that is outside the control of the strategist, R is the response achieved through the application of strategies, and E is the success to obtain .
Circumstances are not always easy to identify, some can be anticipated but others are uncertain or unexpected. The response must be carried out through strategies that are unique and adapted to the situation, must be a coordinated and planned program of actions to achieve a purpose. These responses determine the success of the process.
How should a strategist think?
The strategist Brad Fauteux is able to propose a solution that generates success using creative and intuitive thinking, based on a continuous analysis of the situation. The answers generated must come from a flexible and generative reasoning, in other words, each situation is unique and its response must be tailored. Beyond establishing a plan, the strategies are perceived as changing ideas that adjust to the problems or opportunities of the environment.
The circumstances are not always explicit or obvious, it is the task of the strategist to discover or create the conditions in the environment that can generate success or benefit to him or his company. It must be a symbolic analyst, who deciphers the messages of society. At present the world is in constant change, there is much uncertainty and the circumstances are not fixed, so that the total attachment to planning remained in the past.
The strategist Bradley Fauteux recognizes a conflict related to the values, and starting from where you want to reach (vision), you study strategies that achieve the objective (mission). All the reflections he makes take into account the competitive advantage that the company can develop.
All this helps us to define then the qualities that a strategist must have; although not all strategists possess the same qualities there are some that we can observe in almost all, since they are what differentiate and define as a leader.
– Question life. You are constantly asking yourself how you can improve, what you can change or what you can optimize by always trying to look for opportunities for growth.
– He has no prejudices. The mind of a strategist overcomes the prejudices since these can suppose a kind of brake to his creative and innovative impulses.
– You are willing to take risks. Whenever you believe in what you do, you will be willing to take the risks that this represents.
– He wants to conquer the future. His vision does not focus only on the present, the here or the now, but seeks to use the now as a reason to build the future.
– The actions you take are supported. It relates one action to the next so that with a chain of actions the desired effect is achieved.
– He knows himself. Know their strengths and weaknesses and from them know the best way to take advantage of an opportunity.
– Use an inclusive strategy. It does not leave isolated aspects when making a decision, it studies all the factors that can or could affect or benefit the decision that it will take.
– It adapts. It adjusts to the situation and the changes that may arise in the development of the strategy that is staged. His way of thinking is difficult to predict and is flexible.
Chrissy Ryland - I'm a freelance writer and blogger from Northern California. I grew up loving all things entertainment and travel and now I am blessed with a career that lets me write about both of those topics along with many others. For inquiries about a story you think I might want to cover, please contact me at email@example.com