Health Benefits of Eating Bananas: Today, we will see the benefits of eating bananas. The speciality of banana is that it is much cheaper than other fruits; the vitamins, proteins and other nutrients in banana are very important for a healthy body. If you are suffering from physical weakness or want to boost your immunity, definitely include bananas in your diet, which will give you excellent benefits.
Nutrients Bananas contain vitamin-A, vitamin-B and magnesium, besides vitamin-C, potassium and vitamin-B6, thiamin, riboflavin etc. Banana contains 64.3 per cent water, 1.3 per cent protein, and 24.7 per cent carbohydrates. All these elements are essential for a healthy body.
Nutritionist Dr Ranjana Singh says eating one banana daily can save you from many diseases. Banana contains potassium which does not cause cramps in our muscles. Carbohydrates are present in banana which keeps our body energetic and reduces fatigue. Eating two bananas before exercising in the morning won't feel too tired during exercise.
Excellent Benefits of Eating Banana
1. No weakness: Bananas are high in carbohydrates. Eating this will fill your stomach quickly. If you miss breakfast due to going to the office or college in the morning, then go out with a banana, as eating banana will give you instant energy. It gives energy throughout the day.
2. Stress: Bananas contain tryptophan. Serotonin is produced in our body due to this tryptophan. Serotonin is also known as the happy hormone. It prevents stress.
3. Digestion will be delicate: Digestion is improved, and eating a banana will cure digestive problems. According to health experts, the starch in bananas benefits the good bacteria that are important to our digestive system. Bananas are antacids, so if you have heartburn problems, consuming bananas can be beneficial for you.
4. Weight control: Banana is high in fiber. Also, banana also contains starch. If one eats banana for breakfast, he will not be hungry for long. This will keep the weight under control.
5. Improves blood pressure: It is considered good to eat bananas even for high blood pressure patients is beneficial for people with high blood pressure.
6. Cancer: Researchers said that children who consumed bananas appeared to have a lower risk of leukaemia.
The best time to eat a banana is between 8 and 9 am. Stay tuned to more latest updates.
Nutrition in Banana
Check the amount of each nutrient in a medium-sized banana. It also shows how much an adult needs each nutrient.
|Nutrient||Amount in One medium Banana||Daily Adult Requirement|
|Carbohydrate in grams (g)||27, including 14.4 g of sugar||130|
|Selenium in micrograms (mcg)||1.9||55|
|Vitamin C (mg)||10.3||75–90|
|Folate (mcg DFE)||23.6||400|
|Beta carotene (mcg)||30.7||No data|
|Alpha carotene (mcg)||29.5||No data|
7. Bananas protect against developing Type 2 diabetes.
8. Bananas are also good for your heart.
9. Bananas help keep bones strong.
3 interesting Facts about Banana
- India is the world's biggest banana producer, followed by China and Indonesia.
- Bananas may have been the world's first cultivated fruit.
- The original wild banana contained many large, hard seeds and much pulp.
Stay tuned for more latest updates. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google News.
Leave a Reply