Nowadays Brand Registration is very important because without registration anyone can copy your brand or infringe your rights, registration of your brand will give you protection under the laws and in case of infringement of your rights, and you will get remedies. Intellectual Property rights like Trademark will help you to register your brand with a trademark. You can register your brand with trademark it will protect you under the laws and provide you legal rights, if you are thinking of starting a new business then you should register your brand, it will help you to protect your business, and you can also use this as legal proof in sole proprietorship firm.
How to Register a Brand
- Trademark- Trademark is a symbol, word or words legally registered or established by use as representing a company or products of the company. You can register your brand through trademark registration it will secure your brand name and logo of your business. It is very important to secure your brand name with trademark so no one can use this. You can file your application for trademark registration through online mode, and there are 48 classes available, so you have to choose a class for your trademark registration. A process of Brand or Logo Registration is very easy. First, you have to fill up the trademark registration form then you have to search for the brand name so it cannot be similar with others then you have to select the class as above mentioned there is 48 class available you have to choose one class for your brand, then you have to file the application. After successful submission of your application, an authority will examine your application then they will provide you a certificate of registration. So the process is very easy and it is completely online so you can file your application from home and you should register your brand under trademark it wills you benefits and importance of trademark is mention below.
- Form a business entity- You can register your brand through registration of your business entity but there is a difference between trademark and business registration, business registration will secure your whole business whereas trademark registration will secure your brand name only. Making a business entity is an important part of any business because without it you cannot start a business and its registration is very important for securing legal rights. You can register your brand through partnership firm, you can start your partnership firm Registration, but it requires minimum two-person, incorporation of partnership firm is very easy, you can incorporate your business my making of a partnership agreement. Registration of partnership firm can be done with the registrar of firms, so it will secure your brand value. And if you are the single owner of your business then you can secure your brand as the sole proprietorship firm, you can register your brand through registration of GST, the sole proprietorship does not have formal registration process so you can use your GST registration Online as legal proof of your Sole Proprietorship Firm.
Importance of Brand Registration
- Brand Registration can help consumers in distinguishing your services and products from other competitors. Nowadays competition is very tough and finding the customer is also not an easy task so brand registration can help consumers in distinguishing your services and products from other competitors. Brand Registration will give you a unique identification; you will get exclusive rights on that brand so one can copy your brand name and in case if anyone copies your brand name, then you can sue them and avail the remedies.
- When you start a brand, it has 0 brand value, but after some time, it earns goodwill so brand registration will secure your brand value or you can say you are good will. The brand name is an asset of the business so that brand registration will secure your brand name.
- Brand registration will increase your sale because after registration you can use your brand name and no one can copy it so the consumer can easily find your brand so it will increase your sale.
- You can use this as legal proof of your business, in case of sole proprietorship firm or partnership firm; you can use your brand registration as legal proof of your business so brand registration will help you to show that you are the owner of the brand.
As above mentioned brand registration is very important so one can misuse this and you can register your brand through trademark registration and registration of a business entity. So you should register your brand so in future there will be no legal problem arises for you.