Mahashivrati Puja Samagri: According to Hindu mythology, the festival is celebrated to venerate Lord Shiva, who is considered to be the ‘destroyer of evil’. Also, Mahashivratri is celebrated to mark the wedding of Lord Shiva to Goddess Parvati. This festival is associated with several stories about Lord Shiva.
The ‘Great night of Lord Shiva' will be celebrated on March 4, Monday. The festival falls once a year during the months of February and March.
This is the night when Shiva performed the glorious dance of creation, preservation, and destruction, as per the Shivaism tradition. Let check the Mahashivrati Puja materials here below:
Items needed for this Mahashivrati festival are:
- Ghee made from cow milk
- Cotton wick and earthen/metal lamp
- Flowers (excluding Ketaki), preferably white
- Panchamrita (ghee, sugar, honey, milk. and curd)
- Bel leaves
- Unbroken rice
- Brass bell and incenses
- Prasad (sattvik cooked items without garlic and onion)
- Any of these items: Supari, Mishri, Honey, Rudraksha, White Chandan, etc.
It is believed that the people who fast on this day are blessed with good luck.
Leave a Reply