Traditional outfits for men only get to see the light of day during festivities. If this wedding season you are the lucky one who’s getting engaged, you need to shop for that perfect engagement dress for men. Instead of wearing your regular kurta and pyjamas or borrowing one from a friend, having your own perfect fit for the occasion will be worth the investment.
Whether you’re having a full-fledged engagement or a low-key event, an engagement dress for men will surely add to the star power of the ceremony. You can even play along with the festive mood by teaming up with your bride-to-be and matching your outfits, be it in colour or even design.
If you think wearing a simple kurta and pyjamas is enough for your engagement, you need to double-check your idea. Let us show you some amazing engagement outfits for men from which to choose so that you look dapper on your wedding day.
- Nehru jacket: The Nehru jacket is a classic ethnic wear that can be worn over several outfits. If you want to tweak that simple kurta and pyjama look for your engagement, just throw on a Nehru jacket on top. If your kurta and pyjamas are simple, a printed Nehru jacket will bring the outfit together.You can add class to the look by opting for a velvet Nehru jacket. The printed ones and the linen ones are also some of the other types that will work wonders for your ethnic look. You can wear it over your shirt and trousers as well.
- Stick to an Indowestern look: If you don’t want to go all ethnic, an Indowestern look such as a floral sherwani and trousers is another classic engagement dress for men. If you want to add a touch of ‘royalty’ to your look, you can settle for a Jodhpuri suit and tweak your style a little with a nice pocket square.
- Suit up: When you want to ditch traditional for a formal approach, just suit up. A blazer is a classic way to amp up your engagement look. You can keep things simple by wearing a printed blazer over your shirt and trousers.
- Kurtas: To keep things light for the occasion, a kurta is the best engagement dress for men. You don't have to stick to the basics here because the kurta-pyjama look is simple in and of itself.You can opt for a floral kurta to go with matching pyjamas or trousers. Asymmetrical kurtas are a hit these days and can be accessorised with pocket squares.
- Dhoti: For those who want to stick to their roots, pairing a kurta with a dhoti is a great idea for a traditional engagement. This look is ideal if you will be involved in doing a puja. But if you are planning to take on the dance floor soon after, you can swap your dhoti for matching trousers or pyjamas too.
Choose from these ideal engagement dresses for men to make your day a memorable affair.
Leave a Reply