Balanced nutrition is one of the most important factors for good health.
Proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, unsaturated fats, and, to a lesser extent, some saturated fats are the most important components of a good and balanced diet.
As for protein consumption, for many years now, eating certain meats such as poultry or fish has been recommended by nutritionists for all the benefits they offer. That is why both in North America and in the Nordic countries of Europe, salmon consumption has been increasing in recent decades thanks to the nutrient generosity of this fish, but especially for its omega 3 content that has positioned it as a healthy food.
That is why for this post, we bring you a delicious recipe that includes salmon as the main ingredient: a nutritious and tasty fish that has been considered one of the best foods in existence.
Today, you will learn how to make a salmon and prawns risotto and you will know how good this recipe is for you.
RiceSelect® is one of the best rice-based products brand available on market. Visit https://riceselect.com/recipe/curry-risotto-baked-salmon and try an exquisite curry risotto with baked salmon recipe on your way to make the salmon risotto of your choice.
Benefits of eating this delicious salmon risotto
Below, we will list some of the benefits that some of the ingredients in today's recipe can bring to your health:
Salmon is one of the most preferred animal proteins around the world thanks to its nutritional properties. In addition to its good taste and quality, its flesh is good for your health as it is low in saturated fat and calories.
Also, salmon provides Omega-3. This component is a fatty acid that combats high blood pressure and decreases the likelihood of heart attacks.
A single serving of prawns, i.e. about 35 grams, contains approximately 38.50 calories. This makes them a very advisable food for slimming, and due to their great richness in proteins, prawns promote muscle development.
On the other hand, prawns are also a source of cholesterol, so their consumption should be moderated and not abused.
One of the reasons why many may consider white rice as a healthy food is because of its carbohydrate content, as it provide energy to other cells in our body, including muscles.
White rice also has B vitamins, which are key to brain health and are linked to reducing chronic inflammation in the brain, as well as reducing the risk of depression.
Salmon and prawns risotto
- 250 g of salmon without skin and bones.
- 100 g of clams.
- 20 g of peeled prawns.
- 100 g of sliced mushrooms.
- 1 red onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 100 ml of white wine.
- 1 l of fish stock.
- 350 g of Bomba or round rice.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Cream or cream with 18% of fat.
- Put the clams in salted water for at least 2 or 3 hours so that they release all the sand.
- Take a casserole and pour a dash of oil.
- Add the onion together with the chopped garlic on the pan and cook until the onion gets translucent.
- When the onion is well poached and soft, add the sliced mushroom. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and continue stirring until it gets a pearly white color.
- Add the white wine and we will continue stirring so that everything is well integrated and absorbed in the same way.
- As soon as the wine has been absorbed by the rice grains, add the first ladle of hot fish stock. Add the clams.
- Continue adding ladles with this hot fish broth as you see that the rice is absorbing them over medium heat. Do not forget to stir frequently.
- Add more broth after rice has completely absorbed it. Just when it is almost done and we only have one ladle of broth left to add, it is time to add the salmon, which we will have cut into cubes, along with the prawns.
- Continue stirring, and when it is time, add the last ladle of broth so that it cooks together with the fish and the prawns.
- To finish, add a splash of cooking cream and continue stirring until it has been completely absorbed evenly in the pan.
- Remove from the heat, let it sit for a couple of minutes and serve.