You sometimes don’t know how much stuff you own until you attempt to move to a new place. Most times, after packing all your stuff in a box, you look down, and with a deep sigh slump on the couch. Yeah, we’ve all been there. Moving can be stressful, more so, if you have so much stuff to move. Instead of stressing yourself out on how to transport all your stuff to your new apartment on your own, you can simply engage the services of any of the full service moving companies around you.
The big idea behind professional moving companies is to give you a front-row seat where you don’t have to lift a finger during your moving. They often demonstrate this by handling all your tasks and other activities associated with your moving. This way, you can enjoy a stress-free moving.
To put it in another way, Full-service moving companies handle every task related to your move.
Step by step definition of full-service moving companies
- Supply materials needed for packing: after assembling all your belongings, moving companies supplies every material needed to transport them to the desired destination.
- Pack all your belongings: this is the most widely known function of movers all around the world. Since packing naturally consumes more of your time and energy, movers carefully pack all your belongings, including valuables and fragile items. What’s more, is that they perform this task faster than you can if you ever decide to attempt it yourself.
- Dismantles the furniture: apart from fragile and other valuable belongings, movers take care of your large and heavy furniture. Just like home insurance, some moving companies includes insurance for moving goods.
- Truck loading: after careful dismantling and arrangement of your belongings, moving companies safely load it onto a truck bound for your destination. This way, they take care of the heavy lifting.
- Transportation: wherever you wish to transport your belongings to, movers ensure that it is delivered in the right conditions at the right time. Most time, moving companies give a window or deadline, during which your belonging will reach your desired destination. As a result, you can time the arrival of your stuff.
- Unpacking: full-service movers unpack your belongings based on your instruction and guidance.
- Clearing out the junks: the final phase of activities performed by full-service movers is to dispose of all materials used for the move. They always dispose of it in an eco-friendly way and recycle those that can be recycled.
Follow this link https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/organizing/tips/a24991/moving-house-checklist/ for a list of things to do if you are planning a move.
If the steps highlighted above prove anything, it is that full service moving companies exist to reduce the stress of moving and make the process more comfortable. Unfortunately, many homeowners still experience difficulty move. This is often at the hand of moving companies that offer cheap and sometimes ridiculous moving cost, and thus, seize properties until homeowners pay more.
To avoid such related stress, homeowners are advised to make their research and gain insight into how much movers charge. This way, you can avoid ridiculously low prices and spot a scam when you see it.
Factors that influence the moving cost
Moving indeed comes at a cost, a price you should be willing to pay for convenient moving. However, different factors affect your moving estimate. Some of those factors include:
1. The size of your properties: sometimes the size of your properties affect the total moving estimate. Moving companies charge based on the total time taken to complete the move. Therefore, if it takes more time to prepare your stuff for moving, you can expect your moving cost to be fairly high. Also, the value of what you are moving will affect your moving estimate. For example, valuables like artworks, grand clocks, grand piano, etc. will attract a higher cost than other less expensive items.
2. The location: your current and prospective destination also influence your moving estimate. For example, a move across town or the street cannot attract the same estimate as a move across the state. Also, the intensity of traffic across a moving route will affect the cost of moving. To take advantage of this factor, you need to make research in advance and map out the best route that will attract a lesser moving cost. Also, you need to consider if trucks can access your chosen route. In the absence of a truck accessible route, moving companies will charge shutter fees for using smaller vehicles to move your properties.
3. Warehousing: this factor does not apply to all homeowners, as it is only applicable to homeowners who need to store their properties in a safe place before completing their move. For example, in a situation where your moving destination such as a home is not complete, moving companies will charge you an additional storage fee for warehousing your properties until you are ready to complete your move.
4. The time factor: homeowners incur higher moving cost during a busier time of the year. This is because more people would be moving, and in a bid to maximize their position, moving companies charge a higher price.
As much as moving companies are responsible for moving your properties, you can make the process simpler and more convenient. Over time, reliable full service moving companies have built their reputation on trust. This is mostly demonstrated through prompt response and guidance throughout the move. Click here for some simple hacks to make your move cheaper.
How to simplify your move
- Try moving apps: moving apps help you to put the finishing touches to your move after concluding to move. Moving apps can help you find a new home, suggest a moving company, sell unwanted properties, etc.
- Moving binders: a moving binder is a form of checklist that helps you keep a track of your properties and paperwork. You can customize and customize it the way you want.
- Label the moving boxes: marking moving boxes makes it easier to identify your belongings. You can purchase any color label and customize the boxes in a way that permits easy identification.
- Keep a comprehensive list: maintain a detailed list of all the properties you are moving. This makes it easy to spot missing or damaged properties.
On a final note, check websites and reviews before engaging the service of a moving company. Positive ratings, positive referrals, and recognized awards are good indications of excellent moving companies.