Tesla Model 3 Launched: Tesla 3, An American electric car manufacturer has introduced their most affordable car in India. Also, the company has started Pre-orders for the launch of Tesla 3. Silicon-valley based electric car manufacturer Tesla will launch their new Tesla 3 Model in 2017.
Elon Musk, Founder of Tesla Motors posted on Twitter on Thursday saying that the company has added more countries such as Brazil, India, South Korea, South Africa, Singapore, New Zealand, and Ireland to their pre-order page for Tesla Model 3. At current currency exchange rates, it costs around Rs.23.2 lakh in India. As per current government regulations, Indians need to pay 100% import duty, which would make the price close to Rs.46.4 lakh.
Tesla Model 3 Pre-Order
Tesla Motors have offered an option to pre-order the Tesla 3 Model by paying a Token amount of $1000. The fee is refundable in case of any cancellation. The Auto Manufacturers has said pre-orders for the new release had crossed 130,000 in the first 24 hours, according to Reuters.
Model 3 orders at 180,000 in 24 hours. Selling price w avg option mix prob $42k, so ~$7.5B in a day. Future of electric cars looking bright!
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 1, 2016
Vijay Sekhar Sharma, founder and CEO of Paytm, confirmed that the pre-ordered of the car with his tweet “Lets see how long does it take for TeslaModel3 to reach India. Reservation done for now,”.
Other Indian StartUp entrepreneurs who have ordered Tesla includes Sujayath Ali, founder and CEO at Voonik, Vishal Gondal of GoQii, venture capitalist Mahesh Murthy etc.
At the time of launch, Tesla expects Indian government to bring incentives for electric cars. The Indian Auto market is also moving towards better eco-friendly cars.
Tesla Model 3 Specs
- Range per charge: 215 miles
- Zero to 60 mph: Under 6 seconds
- Seating: 5 Seater
- Other Features: 5-Star Safety Rating, Autopilot Safety, Supercharging
- Price: $35,000
- The Model 3 will have two trunks and more cargo space than any car of its size. A seven-foot surf board will fit inside the car
- The body is made of a mix of lightweight aluminum and cheaper steel, primarily the latter.
- Tesla’s signature touch-screen control panel will be flipped on its side and shrunk from 17 inches to 15 inches. It handles everything from navigation to speed.
- The car is designed to fit five adults comfortably, in part by pushing the front passengers forward to provide more legroom in the back seat.
Tesla 3 includes semi-autonomous driving features along with automatic lane changing and lane keeping. It can accelerate from zero to 60 in less than 6 seconds.
TESLA MODEL 3 IMAGE GALLERY:
Tesla Model 3 Presentation Video