Time management is something that a lot of students struggle with during an exam. Especially when it comes to lengthy papers like Hindi, it becomes a race against time to complete that paper within the allotted hours. So in this article, we are going to discuss, how you can manage your time while attempting a lengthy paper, like Hindi. Keep reading to know more.
Time Management Tips
Let us now take a look at a few time management tips that will help you while you attempt your class 10 Hindi exam.
- The first thing that you need to do is figure out how much time you can spend on each section. As all of you might know, your Hindi exam question paper will be divided into several sections. The question paper generally starts with the language section which consists of the essay, letter writing, and a few grammar questions. The next section consists of the Hindi literature portion. This is further divided into several parts. So for this reason, you need to figure out how much time you want to dedicate to each part. This is the first step towards your time management while attempting your Hindi exam of class 10.
- Now let us discuss how you can decide how much time to spend on your class 10 Hindi exam. To know this you need to have lots of previous practice. If you practice regularly, you will be able to determine how much time you need to complete a certain thing. Also, if you practice writing frequently, then eventually you will require lesser and lesser time to finish your writings. Practicing writing frequently will increase your writing speed while also maintaining your handwriting. The more you practice, the better you can get at managing your time during your exam.
- The next step that we are going to discuss will not only help with your time management but will also help you revise your whole syllabus in a very effective manner. The tip is to practice mock question papers. You can get your mock questions papers of any subject from Google. Once you get your question papers, set your time limit, and then start solving the question paper. During the first few times, you will exceed your time limit while trying to finish your paper. But there is nothing to be disappointed about this. The time you will get to complete your Hindi examination paper is three hours. So you need to practice finishing your whole paper within this time. In fact, actually, you should aim to finish your whole paper at least fifteen minutes before your examination end time. This will give you an ample amount of time, in the end, to revise your whole answer sheet very thoroughly.
- Now let us talk about how to attempt your question paper so that you can finish answering your class 10 Hindi exam question paper with time to spare. Try to attempt the long questions first. If you do this in the beginning, then you can answer all your long questions properly and sufficiently. If you do this, then you would not face the last-minute hassle to finish the long answers very quickly. If you keep your long answers till the end to write, then in case if you are short on time, you would not be able to complete writing your long answers sufficiently and properly. So, this tip will ensure that you save time and also be able to answer all your long questions properly and completely.
- Now, for short answers, you would not need a lot amount of time, especially for the Hindi grammar part. The Hindi grammar part, except for the letter and essay, is very short and requires the students to answer very precisely. These answers are mostly one word. So you will probably need just a few minutes to finish answering all the grammar questions. It will only take about five to ten minutes for this.
- Once you are done with your grammar portion, immediately move on to the literature section. Start attempting the long questions in your literature section. Once you are done with all, complete your short questions in the literature section. You should be able to finish writing all the questions in an hour and a half. You should definitely try to complete the grammar questions and the literature portion within two hours. This will save you a lot of time in the end for you to write your essay and letter.
- In the last hour, attempt your essay and your letter. You should choose your essay at the very beginning of the exam within the 15 minutes reading time. You can refer to Vedantu cbse class 10 hindi to practice essay and letter writing. This will save you time in the last hour. So take five minutes to make a vague outline as to what you want to write in your essay, and then start writing immediately. Keep the word limit in mind. This is very necessary. If you do not keep the word limit in mind, then you might end up writing an unnecessarily longer essay. This will be a waste of time. So be short and precise with your essay. The essay word limit for class 10 Hindi is generally around 400 words. This should not take you more than a page and a half. So keep this crucial point in mind and it will help you save a lot of time during your exam.
- The last point on time management that we are going to discuss is that make use of the extra 15 minutes given to you at the beginning of your exam. Read the question paper thoroughly during that time. This will save you extra reading time during the 3 hours exam duration. If there are choice questions, then decide which ones you will attempt, at the very beginning of your exam, during those extra 15 minutes. In this way, you can save valuable time while writing your exam.
As we have discussed in this article, practice is the initial key to time management. Other than that, make sure to follow every tip that we have discussed in this article. With the help of these, you will surely be able to complete your Hindi exam with time to spare. Good luck!