English is something that you have to prepare for a longer duration to get good marks for it in your exam. Any language requires a lot of practice and you have to write and read a lot to gain a great command over it. It is advised that you regularly read literature at regular intervals and write an article or an essay. You also have to carefully deliberate upon what you write and then analyse it after getting it checked by a superior or a teacher.
Students should keep the below-mentioned things in mind to get a good score in English in Class 9 –
- Organization – It is critical that you properly structure your sentences and follow the correct structure as outlined in the CBSE marking scheme. CBSE's curriculum has a highly specific marking scheme that outlines the grades that each structure comprises. The structure is important in many parts, and it is important not only in writing but also in literature, where you must arrange your sentences appropriately to ensure that your response makes sense and is related to the chapter and topic on the question paper.
- Reading literature that is relevant to the exam topic – Due to the enormous number of components in each chapter, students usually write a lot of things that aren't linked to the test topic. Students should not be alarmed by the question, which may look unclear at times, and should carefully study it to determine what is appropriate and relevant to respond to. A word limit is usually imposed on literary questions, which you must strictly adhere to. Hence, you must write the most important portions of the chapter, and repeated reading will help you identify what best fits the response.
- Ability to work under pressure – The English question paper is usually rather long, and you must make sure that you answer all the questions. To guarantee that no questions are left unanswered, be sure to complete all the questions in the correct sequence. Please ensure that you allot specific time to each question. If a question takes longer than that, you must go on. Make time for revision as well. After you've completed the paper, you can try those questions that were left unanswered throughout the revision period.
- Orderliness – To receive high marks in your English exam, your answer sheet must be faultless. Make sure you don't overwrite any of your responses and that you leave a line between each one. Make sure to underline keywords or important points in your answers. Neatness is of prime importance as that shows your state of mind and clarity of thoughts while writing the paper.
- Rigorous schedule – The English language, or any linguistic for that regard, takes time to improve. You must ensure that you practice consistently and that you write an essay or an article every day. This allows you to learn from your errors and explore a wide range of topics. This will tremendously assist you in the final examination because you will not have to wrack your brain if any unexpected topic arises. With practice, your writing style will improve, and you will make fewer mistakes.
- Keep notes – After reading each chapter in English thoroughly, make sure you underline all of the key ideas in the textbook and put them into practice in your notes. Make a note of all the key questions and write down the answers. While taking notes, only utilize the CBSE textbook because reference books might compromise your knowledge and give information that is not required or related to the curriculum.
- Prepare with last year's question papers – Professors may build the test in such a way that it covers all of the important topics and leaves nothing out, thus the course of the examination is generally the same each year. As a consequence, you must solve the previous year's question paper. This will not only allow you to practice in the test format but will also familiarise you with the structure of the question paper, guaranteeing that none of the components of the final exam will be unfamiliar to you.
- Follow NCERT textbook – First and foremost, you must carefully follow your textbook and the NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive. Regardless of how much expertise you have on the subject, the most important thing to remember while writing your answer is that you must follow the CBSE criteria and NCERT material. When writing the answers, keep the NCERT text in mind since anything other will result in a decrease in your marks. You can practice using books other than NCERT, but you should only study NCERT just before the exams to guarantee that your information is correct.
A lot of the portion that gives you marks is covered in the preparation. However, you also have to make sure that you write a good paper that is neat, clean, and orderly manner. Some marks also depend on how well you articulate your sentences and how precise your paper looks. You can only score well in the exam with regular practice and a great command of the English language. Also, you have to make sure that in the final paper you adhere to the word limit of various questions and memorize all the formats that are there in your text.
Having a good rapport with the time and the language will take you ahead in your English Class. The best way to prepare is to make a personalized schedule keeping the above points in mind.