The knowledge of Physics is generally known to instil in students the ability to analyse and apply information for the greater benefit of the universe. Honing skills related to this subject can open employment opportunities in almost every sector, from science and research to management. We have listed some interesting reasons to pursue M. Sc Physics. Check out the following list of job options that you can apply for right after your graduation.
- Observation Scientist – Observation is the key element for carrying out any scientific process, under the sky. This research-based job will require you to observe subjects interacting within the environment, determine whether the environment is affecting their behaviour and then explain your observation in the form of a hypothesis. As an observer, you must be well-equipped with handling scientific instruments, such as:
- Weighing scales;
- Computer systems;
- Radio receivers.
- Laboratory Technician – A laboratory technician is required to execute technical work in physics and astronomy-based laboratories. You will mainly spend time assisting in carrying forward laboratory experiments and demonstrations. Therefore, holding considerable technical knowledge and practical ability in the assigned field of specialization in Physics is a must for candidates interested in this career. From assisting the faculty to supervising the work of junior assistants, this job will keep you on your toes at all times.
- Network Administrator – As a network administrator, you will have to devote your time towards connecting different devices to generate fast and efficient networking. You will be solely responsible for maintaining the entire computer networks and solving any problems related to them. Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- Configuring computer networks and systems;
- Budgeting for equipment and installation costs;
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software and hardware;
- Identifying and solving IT related issues.
- Interface Engineer – Interface engineers hold an administrative position who is responsible for providing the best quality code to the engineering team. They are proficient at developing compliant interfaces web standards, by employing client-side programming. Physics graduates specialised in the field of interface engineering are also known to support project planning, thereby contributing towards a steady improvement of the engineering division.
- Java Developer – Java developers are hired by multinational companies to help them design and develop applications, which are of high volume and low-latency. This is an on-demand job, as the work output of a java developer contributes to all phases of the development cycle, within a concerned business. Designing critical applications implies that you will be part of a powerful software team, providing expertise in the areas of technology.
Apart from this, the world of Physics has endless possibilities to offer you. If you are deciding upon an academic stream in science that can help advance your career, then choosing Physics can be a great choice. Send in your application now!