Are you looking for a stable and rewarding career in the transportation industry? Do you want to learn how to drive a big truck and earn a good income? If you answered yes, then you should consider enrolling in GO4CDL, the leading truck driving school in California.
Go4cdl is a CDL school that offers high-quality training and education for drivers who want to pursue a career in truck driving. Our instructors are experienced and skilled professionals who will teach you everything you need to know to pass your CDL exam and become a safe and successful truck driver.
In this article, we will tell you why you should choose GO4CDL as your truck driving school, what you will learn in our CDL training program, and how we can help you with job placement after graduation.
Why Choose GO4CDL as Your Truck Driving School?
There are many reasons why you should choose GO4CDL as your truck driving school. Here are some of them:
- High demand for truck drivers: The trucking industry is in great need of qualified and well-trained drivers. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers is projected to grow by 6% from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. This means that there will be plenty of job opportunities for truck drivers in the future.
- Good pay and benefits: Truck drivers can earn a good income and enjoy various benefits such as health insurance, retirement plans, paid vacation, and bonuses. According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a truck driver in California is $24.70 per hour, which is 25% above the national average. Some truck drivers can even earn up to $100,000 per year or more depending on their experience, skills, and employer.
- Flexible schedule and lifestyle: Truck drivers can choose their own schedule and work hours according to their preferences and needs. Some truck drivers work locally and return home every day, while others work regionally or nationally and travel across the country. Truck drivers can also enjoy the freedom and adventure of seeing different places and meeting new people along the way.
- Quality training and education: GO4CDL provides high-quality training and education for truck drivers. Our curriculum covers both theoretical and practical aspects of truck driving, such as traffic laws, safety regulations, vehicle inspection, maintenance, maneuvering, backing, coupling, uncoupling, shifting, braking, parking, loading, unloading, and more. Our instructors are experienced and skilled professionals who will guide you through every step of the learning process. Our training facility is equipped with modern equipment and vehicles that will help you gain real experience and confidence behind the wheel.
- Small class sizes and personalized attention: GO4CDL has small class sizes that allow our instructors to give each student personalized attention and feedback. Our instructors will monitor your progress and help you improve your skills and knowledge. You will also have the opportunity to interact with other students and learn from their experiences.
- Flexible schedule and affordable prices: GO4CDL offers a flexible schedule that can fit your current needs. You can choose between full-time or part-time training depending on your availability. Our prices are affordable and competitive compared to other truck driving schools in California. We also offer various payment options and financial assistance for eligible students.
- Job placement assistance: GO4CDL will help you with job placement after graduation. We have an established network of contacts with reputable trucking companies that are looking for qualified drivers. We will assist you with resume writing, interview preparation, job application, and contract negotiation. We will also provide you with ongoing support and advice throughout your career.
GO4CDL Training Programs
GO4CDL offers two training programs for obtaining a CDL Class A license in the US. The programs are:
- Basic 80 Clock Hours Training Program: This program is a combination of the new Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) DOT regulations and CA DMV Commercial State License requirements. It consists of theory training in class and behind-the-wheel driving practice in the company yard and on the public roads. The program fee is $2,500 and the duration is 80 hours.
- HazMat and Tanker Endorsement Program: This program is for drivers who want to drive HazMat, a tanker, or haul liquid loads. It helps them to get the N Tanker endorsement on their CDL Class A license. The program fee is $550 and the duration is 8 hours.
What Will You Learn in Our CDL Training Program?
Our CDL training program consists of two parts: classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel training.
Classroom instruction: In this part of the program, you will learn the theoretical aspects of truck driving, such as:
- State laws and regulations regarding commercial vehicles
- Safety rules and procedures for operating a large vehicle
- Vehicle inspection and maintenance
- Basic principles of physics, mechanics, and aerodynamics
- Map reading and trip planning
- Hazardous materials handling
- Logbook keeping
- Customer service skills
Behind-the-wheel training: In this part of the program, you will learn the practical aspects of truck driving, such as:
- Pre-trip inspection
- Vehicle control
- Lane changing
You will practice your skills on our training yard under the supervision of our instructors. You will also have the opportunity to drive on public roads with different traffic conditions.
Our CDL training program will prepare you for the CDL exam, which consists of two parts: written test and road test.
Written test: This is a multiple-choice test that covers the topics that you learned in the classroom instruction. You will need to answer at least 80% of the questions correctly to pass.
Road test: This is a practical test that evaluates your ability to operate a commercial vehicle safely and efficiently. You will need to demonstrate your skills in pre-trip inspection, basic vehicle control, and on-road driving. You will also need to perform specific maneuvers, such as straight line backing, parallel parking, alley docking, and offset backing.
You will need to pass both parts of the CDL exam to obtain your CDL license.
How Can We Help You with Job Placement After Graduation?
GO4CDL will help you with job placement after graduation. We have an established network of contacts with reputable trucking companies that are looking for qualified drivers. We will assist you with:
- Resume writing: We will help you write a professional resume that highlights your skills, qualifications, and achievements as a truck driver.
- Interview preparation: We will help you prepare for the interview process by giving you tips and advice on how to answer common questions and impress potential employers.
- Job application: We will help you find and apply for suitable job opportunities that match your preferences and goals.
- Contract negotiation: We will help you negotiate the best possible terms and conditions for your employment contract, such as salary, benefits, bonuses, schedule, routes, equipment, and more.
- Ongoing support and advice: We will provide you with ongoing support and advice throughout your career. We will keep in touch with you and offer you guidance and assistance whenever you need it.
GO4CDL is more than just a truck driving school. We are a partner in your success. We are committed to helping you achieve your career goals and dreams.
If you are ready to start a new career as a truck driver, contact us today and enroll in our CDL training program. We look forward to hearing from you soon!